We are currently recruiting both Community and Student Members.
The requirements are:
- Be physically fit
- Aged between 18 – 70
- Agree to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- Caring attitude and able to cope with potentially distressing situations
- Available to commit 12 hours per month, averaged over 3-6 months
Click on the following link to download and view the full job description.
Responders are not required to be able to drive as non-drivers can be paired with driving responders for their shifts. However, if you wish to drive the Dynamic Response Vehicle the requirements are:
- Full UK or European driving licence held for more than 1 year
- Aged at least 21 years old
- Clean licence (no endorsements or points)
- Pass 1 hour driving assessment
CFRs are not able to claim any exemption under the Road Traffic Act and are therefore obliged to adhere to all road traffic regulations. The use of audible or visual devices, i.e. blue lights/sirens is strictly prohibited.
- Check suitability against requirements above
- Get in touch with us
- Complete application form
- References obtained and Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check conducted
- Receive Occupational Health Clearance
- Complete clinical training and assessment (see below)
- Driving test (if wishing to drive DRV)
- Sign up for shifts
- Re-validation every 12 months
Four to six weeks before starting the face-to-face training course, applicants will be sent a pre-course learning pack to complete, as confirmed by a pre-course assessment held locally.
The face-to-face training course runs over five days, spread over several weekends, and includes a day of written and practical scenarios.
New responders are then paired with experienced responders for their first shifts.